17 N. 3rd Street #103
Yakima, WA 98901
Studio Hotline: 509-452-1041
Owned & Operated by Stephens Media Group
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 8a-5p
Business Office: 509-248-2900
Operations Manager/Program Director: Justin Henriksen
Promotions Director: Lindsey Cleveland
Market Manager: Laurie Hammermeister
To access the online public inspection file go to https://publicfiles.fcc.gov/fm-profile/kxdd
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of our FCC public inspection file should contact us at 509-452-9661.
Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC’s online public file should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.
Official Contest Rules:
- How to Enter the Contest: As instructed on the air or in each contest’s specific contest rules.
- Eligibility Restrictions:
- STATION contests are open to all STATION listeners who are legal residents of the State of Washington (must provide proof of ID). Military entrants without state IDs must establish proof of residence in the State of Washington to be considered. Employees of Stephens Media Group, affiliated advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other radio stations in the Yakima, WA metropolitan area and the members of their immediate households are ineligible to participate or win. Certain contests might specify age restrictions, for trips the required age would be 18, for events at establishments that provide alcohol or other adult-oriented products, winners would need to be 21 years of age to qualify and win. Only one (1) qualifier or winner per household per contest.
Winner is not permitted to substitute the prize for its cash equivalent or any other prize. STATION reserves the right to substitute any or all of the prizes with any article or service of similar or greater value at its discretion. Prizes may not be assigned or transferred. STATION will conduct this contest concurrently with other radio stations of Stephens Media Group.
- Listeners are eligible to win a STATION contest only once every 30 days. If prize is greater than $100 in value the winner must wait 90 days before they are eligible to win again. Only one winner per household is permitted in any contest.
- All prizes or prize certificates may be picked up at the office of STATION 17 N. 3rd St. Downtown Yakima, WA 98902; Any prize or prize certificate not claimed within 30 days or prior to the event, whichever comes first, will be forfeited by the winner. In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed to the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its arrival. STATION is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.
- Contest prizes are not transferable. Prizes may not be substituted for or redeemed for cash.
- Selection of Winners:
- Decisions of station management with respect to the contest are final.
- Payment of all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prizes awarded to winners will be reported, if required, on IRS Form 1099 or the equivalent, and a winner of a prize valued at more than $600 may be required to acknowledge the prize valuation at the time of award.
- By participating in the contest, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, picture or other likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest, and to sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize.
- Contest winners will be required to sign a liability release and indemnification prior to acceptance of any prize valued at $600.00 or greater or where prize includes the provision of transportation, whether or not such transportation is provided by STATION Pursuant to the liability release, the winners will agree to hold STATION, its corporate licensee and all officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents, sponsors and representatives of each of them harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or contest.
- STATION reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the contest in its sole determination. Any change will become effective upon announcement of the change on-air.
- No purchase is necessary. The contest is void where prohibited.
- Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualifications at the discretion of STATION.
- Copies of the written contest rules are available during regular business hours at the main studio of Stephens Media Group, 17 N. 3rd St. Suite 103 Yakima, WA 98902; 509-248-2900.
Stephens Media Group is a privately-owned company that helps to generate revenue for local businesses. We do this by communicating the right message, to the right audiences, so businesses can start seeing new customers right away.
We are looking for a skilled Account Executive to find business opportunities and manage customer relationships. You’ll be directly responsible for the preservation and expansion of our customer base. The ideal candidate will have a passion for sales and experience in media and digital advertising with exceptional customer service. The right candidate is a reliable professional able to achieve a balance between customer orientation and a results-driven approach. The goal is to find opportunities and turn them into long-term profitable relationships based on trust and mutual satisfaction.
- Create detailed business strategies to facilitate the attainment of goals and quotas
- Manage the entire sales cycle from finding a client to securing a deal
- Unearth new sales opportunities through networking & prospecting in order to develop into long term partnerships
- Present products & capabilities to prospective clients
- Recommend and process digital advertising campaigns
- Provide professional post-sales support to enhance customer devotion
- Remain in frequent contact with clients in order to uncover their additional needs
- Respond to complaints and resolve issues aiming toward customer contentment and the preservation of the company’s reputation
- Negotiate agreements and keep records of sales and data
- Proven experience as an Account Executive, or in other sales/customer service role
- 2+ years in media &/or digital advertising sales is preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of market research, sales and negotiating principles
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office; knowledge of CRM software is a plus
- Excellent communication/presentation skills and ability to build relationships
- Organizational and time-management skills
- A business acumen
- Enthusiastic and passionate
- High school diploma
- BS or BA in business administration, sales or marketing, preferred but not required
Here are the 7 must-have qualities we look for in every Account Executive:
- Extremely competitive
- Deep need to get others to see things from his/her perspective
- A tenacity to open up new opportunities daily
- High self-esteem that doesn’t take rejection personally
- A willingness to use the telephone to set up face-to-face meetings
- The desire to creatively communicate (we’ll teach you how!)
- Cares as much about team success as individual success
Send materials to Laurie Hammermeister
Stephens Media Group is a growing company with recurring openings in the area of Programming. Positions may include on-air host, Program Director and Operations Manager.
Duties may include:
- Oversight of all station strategic action plans.
- Creation of original and creative content for station and extended platforms (social media, video, marketing, etc.)
- Collaborate with digital director on station’s social media strategy and digital efforts.
- Oversight of writing and production of station imaging as required.
- Scheduling of all music and programming content.
- Creation of original and creative content for the shows/times assigned by the Program Director.
- Write and voice-act on-air bits & performances for a specific show and audience.
- Repurpose content station’s social media channels.
- Production as assigned
- Appearances for live remotes, station events and community events as assigned.
- Knowledge of broadcast systems, ratings methodology, automation systems and studio equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five (3) years radio experience preferred.
- Computer skills for audio delivery and automation systems, such as Wide Orbit, Maestro, Adobe Audition or higher, etc is a plus.
- Experience with station web sites, social media, mobile and digital delivery platforms.
- On-air experience, and experience operating all on-air and production equipment
- Track record of success in ratings.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
For information contact Justin Henriksen